Introducing the Field Guide to Local Bookstores

Why a field guide? I like to travel by RV or truck camper to hike, fish, and sight see around the US. I've visited 40 states with plans to make it 50 in the next couple of years. While traveling I also like to find local authors who write books set in the areas I'm visiting and I've found some great book series and authors this way. It also helps me learn the area and find some places off the beaten path as they are mentioned in the books. Local books stores are a great resource for finding local authors as they nearly always have a local authors section. To date I've visited well over 100 bookstores! I make a point to research the bookstores in the area and visit during my travels hence the "field guide" to local bookstores. 

“Browsing independent bookstores is always my first port of call in any city I visit. And it’s the only way I really find new authors, by physically scanning the shelves.” — Alex Michaelides, author of The Fury

I conducted some research on how to introduce a blog and it sounded a lot like how to start a business. Mentions of pain points, empathizing with your customer/audience, value proposition, etc. That's all well and good but I'm doing this as much for me as I am for anyone else. So if you like visiting local bookstores and do some traveling like I do, then you just might like this blog too!

Speaking of business, Agile and Lean Business principles are all the rage so I'll just look at it from that perspective. I'll write about the bookstores in my travels and take feedback from the early folks who join to read it...if any do. If you like it I'll keep writing. If you don't like it I'll stop writing....but I'll keep visiting the bookstores in my travels because its what I like to do.

Please note that my travels are intermittent with more happening from Spring through Fall, so sign up for reminders when new posts are released! I'll fill in a few posts with some of my favorite books stores from past travels too.

I don't plan to do individual book reviews but I will talk a bit about the authors and series I've collected over the years and where those books are set in case you plan to travel to those areas and want to read books based in that area for some early recon. All of those authors and series are murder mysteries which is my favorite genre

Thanks for reading and giving my blog a chance. I would sincerely appreciate any feedback you have including constructive criticism and any kudos! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refuge Books: Used and Uncommon - Nashville, TN

Mostly Happy Books - Nashville, TN

The Hidden Chapter Bookstore - Fort Thomas, KY