Refuge Books: Used and Uncommon - Nashville, TN

Store Name:    Refuge Books
Location:         Nashville, TN
Visit Time:      Friday Jan 12, 2024 12:00pm
Website:          Refuge Books 
Type:               Used Books
"Well-curated secondhand books. Specializing in The Inklings, history, bio, Books on Books, fic/lit."
Have you ever been to the Smallest Bar in Key West, FL? This is the bookstore equivalent of the Smallest Bar. Easily the smallest bookstore I've ever visited and probably only possible because it's a stall in an antique mall. 
The Smallest Bookstore


I didn't spend much time in this store as there weren't a lot of books I typically buy (mysteries, business, self-help). There were a few books I recognized by name like Fahrenheit 451 and Les Miserables, also a section of books about past wars and people from those wars, books by and about CS Lewis, and many more. 

This bookstore appears to deal in slightly higher end, more rare, books than the everyday books of most used bookstores. Prices were largely between $10 and $50 compared to a typical used bookstore cost of $4 or $5 per paperback. There's also a section of signed books behind glass which I would assume are more costly than the rest. 

This doesn't feel like the kind of bookstore that you spend a lot of browse time. I suspect it will appeal more to book collectors and those looking for more rare books (hence the name) and probably worth a quick check of their web site / Facebook page to see if they have something you are interested in. However, since it was in the same store as Mostly Happy Books it is worth a visit. When you combine both bookstores you get a little bit of everything!

That's the Lowe-down on Refuge Books! More to come next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mostly Happy Books - Nashville, TN

The Hidden Chapter Bookstore - Fort Thomas, KY